Are you a webmaster or want to become one in future, then probably let me guess what your plans are.. You want to start a blog and earn from Google Adsense, this is obviously the same idea of 70% bloggers, but the real question is that, how many bloggers earning properly from Adsense or any other advertising medium? and the answer is a very little bloggers only. Google published network is definitely a great way to monetize your blog, but you should know few facts of Google Adsense before you start your first blog or any other business based on it.
A lot of questions based on this subject used to land in my inbox everyday from bloggers, so probably here is your answer, also there are some bad misconceptions are there on Adsense as having an Adsense account can earn you thousands of dollars overnight etc. It is absolutely not possible until you have a plan to hack or do a big scam with Google .
Lets get in to the topic, also before I start on the facts, lets start with the few misconceptions on Adsense or any other publisher networks.
Few Myths and Misconceptions of Google Adsense:
1) Become rich overnight: From Adsense, you can earn thousands of dollars overnight. It is absolutely impossible until your website is CNN or any big news portal type site with millions of traffic.
2) Dollars for a Click: Google pays a decent commission on a click compared to any other provider, but the click value entirely depends on the type of niche and keywords of the advertiser.
3) Use proxies and fool Google: This is will be second choice of act by a lot of bloggers and Adsense publishers, they think that using proxies can fool Google. But Google is not so stupid to get fooled. It has robust technology to find such fraudulent activity. And you will banned in no-time.
4) Virtual Clicks can Get Dollars: Obviously, if there is a technology, then people will try to exploit it and try to make few bucks out of it. The same comes to Adsense too, there are some programs or applications which send virtual bots to click on your ads, and don’t worry Google is not really that stupid to allow such things. As I told you earlier, you will be banned immediately.
Few Facts of Google Adsense:
1) Start slow and Grow fast: Like every other businesses, you have to start it slowly, that means you can’t expect to get your first check within a month or so, I have personally waited and worked hard for 6 months to get my first check. So things can’t be so easy, you have dedicate your time and work hard and smart.
2) Ad Crowding: Setting up too many ads in one place, didn’t bring you too many clicks, instead the user may get irritated because of too many ads. Try to set your ads at proper places, you can take reference of the Google Adsense heat map.
3) Grow your Traffic: Improve your traffic first, most of the bloggers tries to improve their ad clicks by placing ads in different places and experimenting other things, instead of all these your first job is to bring traffic to your website.
4) Make all your Ads Targetable: This is may sound a little unknown to the beginners, when you create an ad unit, there is an option lying inside that creation wizard to set your ad as targetable but to see this option you need to create a channel for this. This helps in better placement of your ads and as well as helps find interested advertisers to advertise on your site. Also this will let your website find under the ad placement tool for advertisers.
To create a targetable ad unit, you need to first create a new channel and select that channel as targetable and write a little about that ad and where do you like to place that ad. See the below picture for further instructions.
Don’t Start if you can’t Keep Up: Earning through Adsense is not easy as everyone thinks, it needs a lot of determination and patience. You need work hard and bring the traffic to your website, later the success will touch your feet. If you believe that you can do all the above things, then welcome to the Adsense family.
I hope you enjoyed this article on “Few Facts about Google Adsense before you Step In“, if you like this article, please consider it sharing with others, also do drop your comments, suggestions and questions.
Also if you have any specific questions to ask, please ask us at our SEO forum.