Gmail is the most and fastest growing mail service without any doubt,with all its Lab features and its mode of security,But there is still some features Google can’t provide like Yahoo Services.Its clearly SMS service and Mail Alerts on Mobile Phone.
But its really a sad news for all the Gmail lovers because it is not providing the Mail alerts on mobile,where Yahoo already giving the same service for its users.To get mail alerts on mobile we need to depends on third party sites,which is offering the services for the Premium price.Still there is no service which offers directly Gmail mail alerts on mobile For free.
But after a small search I got a service with which we can trick Gmail to get Mail Alerts on Mobile.This is actually a SMS service which offers web based SMS,So to get mail alerts on Mobile phone follow this bellow procedure….
Procedure To Get Gmail mail Alerts on Mobile :
1) First Sign up an account with way2sms.com , its a free web based SMS service.You need to SignUp with your mobile phone,its absolutely free.
2) After SignUp you will get a confirmation code on the Mobile to Prove your Authentication,If you verify the code your account will be activated.
3) Now just SignIn to your account in way2sms.com and after Sign In,Go to Mail section and there you will find select a username for way2sms Account,its actually Username of way2sms Email,after choosing the Username,now Go to Gmail section and Provide your Gmail account Username and Password.
4) After that Go to Mail Alerts Section,which is just located besides,see the bellow image.And there is an option called as Activate the Mail Alerts.Just click on Activate button to Activate the Mail alerts on your Mobile phone.
5) After that this is the final Step,now Open your Gmail account,and Go to Settings and select Forwarding and POP/IMAP ,now select Forward a Copy of Incoming Mail to option it is asking for the E-mail ID,now give the way2sms E-mail ID which we have created in the 3rd step and press OK.
6) Now it will send a Verification code to way2sms mail ID,just verify that code at Gmail that’s it.Your configuration is almost over,but if you want to specify particular timings to reach the SMS,then Go to way2sms account and go to Mail Alerts Section and in the bellow section you will see an Option called Saved Preference and there just click on Modify link and select the best timings for you.
This is how we can trick Gmail to get Mail alerts on your Mobile Phone,not only this service you have many options like ibibo and Mobee and etc.So have fun guys…..Before leaving Don’t forget to Bookmark my website for the Future reference